Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
In April 2013 the Government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
As of 2017-18, the sport Premium has doubled and Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
At Oasis Academy Blakenhale Junior we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of our students. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement all our students.
Sports Premium Funding 2019/2020
Above you will find our report for our Sports Premium Funding 2019/2020.
Key information included within the report includes:
- How much we received
- How we are spending the money this year
- How our premium programme has affected our pupil's PE and sport participation and attainment
- How we intend to ensure these improvements are sustainable.