Here you can find out most frequently asked questions from current and prospective parents/carers
- What can/can't my child bring to school?
- How do i pay for school lunches?
- What percentage of your students are selected on the basis of faith or ability?
- Are Oasis Academies faith schools?
- Who funds academies?
- What is an academy?
- What do i do if my child is sick?
- Can my child wear jewellery and accessories?
- Does my child have to wear school uniform?
- What is your parental feedback procedure
Staff and students of all faiths are welcome to be part of each Oasis Academy and faith is not a factor in the admissions criteria for the school. The academies are 'schools of religious character' in order to enable Oasis' ethos of inclusion, which is grounded on the Christian faith, to be prominent in the school's character.
Academies are publicly funded independent schools. The majority of the funding comes direct from central government. The Education Funding Agency (formerly the YPLA) will fund the annual running costs of the academies via a grant each academic year. The sponsor has responsibility for the day to day running of the academy. Oasis academies are sponsored by Oasis Community Learning, an exempt charity.