Attendance and Punctuality
The Academy is committed to encouraging pupils to attend school regularly. We work with parents and pupils to secure this aim.
- Academy gates open each day at 8.45am (anyone arriving after 8.55am must bring their child to the office to sign in late).
- Children arriving after 9.30am will receive a code that represents they have arrived after the register has been closed.
- Parents/Carers MUST telephone the school before 9.20am on the first day their child is not attending school due to illness, and each subsequent day thereafter (unless a time of absence can be given on first day of illness eg:chickenpox).
- Failure to report illness before 9.20am on each day will result in an unauthorised absence. FIVE days unauthorised absence or more will be reported to the Education Attendance Service.
- Unauthorised absence could result in a fine and possible court proceedings.
- We reward our children for attendance.
- The school day finishes at 3.30pm