We expect children to reinforce and extend the learning they are doing in the Academy at home. To this end, we set regular home learning tasks. The amount of time children are expected to spend on formal learning at home increases as they go through the Academy. Children are expected to read, learn spellings and times tables daily.
In addition, they are given tasks to reinforce current topics at the Academy including in maths and English. These may be extended tasks over a period of time.
Home Learning during closures
Above is an example timetable that you may find useful to plan out your child/children's day.
Smiling Mind is a web based mindfulness programme designed by experts to support and help to bring mindfulness into your life. Click here to enter the site.
To enter Lexia, click here and then follow the instructions below;
Lexia Core5 Reading can be used at home for extra practice. Getting started is easy!
1. To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
2. To use on an iPad, download the free Lexia Core5 Reading app from the App Store.
(iPad support is limited to these devices: iPad 4+, iPad Mini 3+, iPad Air+, and iPad Pro.)
3. The first time your child uses Core5, you may need to enter the teacher email shown below. Your child can then log in with the username and password used at school and listed below.
Teacher Email (for setup): Rachel.email@example.com
4. It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, teachers can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
5. If you have a question about your child’s username or password, please email Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org